Linn State Technical College’s
Commercial Driver’s License Training Center
Linn State Technical College’s Commercial Driver’s License Training Center (LSTC CDLTC) provides a professional training program focused on the fundamentals of safe driving practices.
Our program is set up to train the inexperience drivers who need all aspects of the professional truck driving job as well as the experienced driver who only needs a refresher course to renew their CDL license. LSTC CDLTC offers a pre-assessment of driving skills which will allows us to place you in the course that best fits your needs.
Successful completion of the LSTC CDLTC program will qualify students to take the State CDL exam.
Core Areas of Training:
Pre-trip inspection checks of a Commercial Vehicle
Basic Skills Maneuvers
Road Driving Skills
Save driving practices
Air brakes safety
Maintaining driver logs
Handling and controlling safety
Proper lashing/shackling techniques
Reasons to choose LSTC for your CDL Needs:
3:1 Student to Instructor ratio
More hands on behind the wheel
No Classroom Work, Training Happens in the Truck
Test in the Truck you Trained In
Highly Qualified and Supportive Staff
DESE Approved Training
Pre-Assessment of Skills is completed with every student
Additional Training Hours: Additional training hours can be purchased.
Payment is due before additional hours can be scheduled.
LSTC CDLTC requires all applicants to meet the following requirements before being approved from the program:
- 18 years of age (intrastate only) or 21 years of age (over the road)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Provide a valid CDL-A Permit
- Pass a DOT physical and Drug Screen (provide report and certification)
- Have an acceptable Driving Record (provide report from DMV)
- Tuition Paid-In-Full or Authorization from other funding source
- Complete LSTC Application
- For applicants where English is your second language the following requirements apply:
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency:
- International students who are from countries where English is not an official language and/or were not schooled in English must submit evidence of English proficiency. This requirement may be satisfied by providing one of the following:
- A score of 550 or better on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a score of 80 on the internet-based TOEFL. Submit official test report.
- A score of 6.0 or better on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Satisfactory completion of 60 semester hours of academic work in a regionally accredited U.S. college or university. Submit official transcript.
| * CDL Retest - 8 Hrs of Instruction
* CDL Refresher - 24 Hrs of Instruction
* CDL Full Course 132 Hrs of Instruction
*Note: Total hours include 2 hours of testing
Funding Sources Approved by LSTC – students are responsible for contacting funding agencies to see if training funds are available.
- Self-pay – student is responsible for course fees
- WIA – funded through Missouri Career Centers
- Vocational Rehabilitation – talk with your counselor to see if you are eligible
Tuition can be paid in cash, money order, credit card or authorization from approved funding source.
Tuition does not cover the cost of your CDL License after you pass State CDL exam.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Students may withdraw from class up to three (3) business days before classes starts, a refund will be issued minus $100.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation requests received once the class has started will be pro-rated based on the student’s time in class. No refunds permitted after the 4rd day of class.
- If the student has been absent or has tardiness in excess of 10% in the course of the program, the student will be dropped and no refund will be issued.
- Upon cancellation by student, money due to the student will be refunded within 30 business days.
- If tuition fees were borrowed from another source (not paid by the student), the money will be refunded to that source.
- Students being removed or expelled from classes are not entitled to any refunds of tuition.
Prices can change without notice; we encourage you to contact our office for more information at 573-897-5283
For more information,contact Frances Boswell at 573.897.5283 or email@example.com
If you would like a package of information click here.