Heavy Equipment Technology - CAT Dealer Service Technician Option
Partners in Education
The CAT Dealer Service Technician option teaches students how to service Caterpillar equipment using:
- cutting-edge diagnostic and maintenance systems.
- advanced technologies.
- high-tech tools.
This option gives students the education and skills needed to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Caterpillar machines and engines.
- Each student sponsored by a Caterpillar Dealer, Fabick CAT or Foley Equipment
- Paid internships with a Caterpillar Dealer, Fabick CAT or Foley Equipment
- One of ten programs in the United States (only one in Missouri!)
- Low student to teacher ratio
The CAT Dealer Service Technician option provides the opportunity for students to develop:
- electrical knowledge and skills needed to repair and maintain heavy equipment.
- knowledge and skills necessary to repair, maintain and troubleshoot diesel engines.
- knowledge and skills necessary to repair, maintain and troubleshoot hydraulic and drive
- train systems as they relate to heavy equipment.
- critical thinking skills used in troubleshooting.
- oral and written communication skills needed in the diesel mechanic’s field.
Each student must be sponsored by a dealer. For details on admissions requirements, click on the application procedure page.
Priority Application Deadline is February 1.
Candidates may submit applications after February 1, but those applications will not be given preference.
The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) accreditation
Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) Foundation accreditation
Partners in Education: