Missouri's State Technical College
Linn State Technical College prepares students for profitable employment and a life of learning.
Missouri's only public two-year college with a statewide mission specializing in technical education.
Over 35 programs offering advanced technical training in both emerging and traditional technologies.
State and federal financial aid and assistance are available to those who qualify. Linn State is a participant in Missouri’s A+ program.
- Linn-249 acres, ten academic buildings with technical laboratories, on-campus housing, and public airport which includes an AVGAS fueling station
- Mexico-Advanced Technology Center, a cooperative agreement among the City of Mexico, LSTC, Moberly Area Community College, and the University of Missouri Extension Service
- Jefferson City-cooperative program with Capital Region Medical Center Southwest Campus
- Accredited-The Higher Learning Commission; Member - North Central Association www.ncahlc.org
- 13 programs are accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) http://atmae.org
- 15 additional program-level external accreditations and certifications
- Member of the Council for Higher Education Association (CHEA) and is accredited by a CHEA-recognized accrediting organization www.chea.org
Enrollment (Fall 2010)
- 1,176 Enrolled
- Students from 100 (87%) of Missouri counties
- Students enrolled from four states other than Missouri (IL, MS, MN, & KS)
- Since 1995, 95% of LSTC graduates find gainful employment or continued their education within six months of graduation. (85% related)
- Over 10,000 alumni since 1961
- Lifetime career services for graduates
Missouri two-year college one-of-a-kind associate-level programs offered by LSTC:
- Aviation Maintenance
- Caterpillar Dealer Service Technician option in Heavy Equipment Technology
- Electric Power Generation Technology
- Nuclear Technology
- Powersports Technology